We’re excited to announce the launch of the first phase of the Amazon Appstore Small Business Accelerator Program. Developers with revenue less than 1 million USD in the previous calendar year will now receive an increased 80/20 revenue share with no action required to earn the new rates.
As part of the program, we’ve also created a new dedicated application row on Fire tablet devices which features apps from eligible small business developers. This row will showcase developers from the program and we hope will drive more visibility for a broad selection of apps.
The program will continue to expand in 2022, with the next phase featuring AWS promotional credits equivalent to 10 percent of revenue. Eligible developers will receive guidance via email on how to claim their credits and unlock the benefits of building on the cloud.
Want to stay updated? Receive continued program updates by subscribing to the Amazon Appstore Developer Newsletter.
1) How does eligibility for the Amazon Appstore Small Business Accelerator program work?
- Developers in all marketplaces who earned less than 1 million USD in the prior calendar year and developers new to Amazon Appstore are eligible.
- If an eligible developer earns 1 million USD or more in the current year, they will revert to the standard royalty rates and benefits.
- If a developer’s revenue falls below 1 million USD in a future year, the developer will be eligible in the next calendar year.
2) When will AWS promotional credits become available to developers as part of the Amazon Appstore Small Business Accelerator Program?
AWS promotional credits will become available as part of the program in 2022. All eligible developers will be notified via email.
3) Once I am eligible, when will the revenue-share adjustment start?
The revenue share adjustment began on December 22, 2021, and higher royalty payments started for all eligible developers on this day.