We are in the process of revamping the app submission experience on our developer portal. Part one of this revamp is focused on improving the multimedia assets upload experience and how you add app descriptions.
One of the primary usability complaints we’ve received was about the submission experience during the multimedia asset upload step. The old way of doing this required uploading assets one at a time, which was time consuming and cumbersome. We heard you – this new experience includes the following features:
- Bulk upload of screenshots: You can now select multiple screenshots at once, and drag and drop them onto the submission UI. You can even rearrange, scroll through, and delete all screenshots in one go.
- Asynchronous upload of multimedia assets: You can upload multimedia assets, such as app icons, screenshots, and promotional videos one after another without having to wait for each upload to complete. You can even switch to other locales and continue uploading assets while the previous locales are being uploaded.
- Preview multimedia assets in Fire tablets and Amazon Fire TV: Once your assets are uploaded, you can now see how they will appear on tablets and Fire TV devices before you submit.
- Support for Japanese, German, and Chinese specific assets and descriptions: If you want to target your app for only these regions, you no longer have to provide an English version of the same assets. You can now provide just the assets and descriptions for the region you’re targeting. To enable this feature, please select the “app availability” to be Japan, China, or Germany in the availability and pricing tab of the submission experience. If you pick any combination of these regions, the default locale for multimedia assets and descriptions will switch to English (U.S.). But, you will still have the option to upload locale specific assets in separate locale sub-tabs.
- UI refresh: Check out the refreshed UI with improved tool tips, microcopy, and style guides. You also have the option to select multiple locales to upload assets to in a single go.
You can find detailed documentation on these new features here.
We hope you enjoy these new improvements. This upgrade will be slowly rolling out to user accounts over the next few weeks. Please keep an eye out for this refresh and do provide us your feedback through our support team on how you like these updates. We look forward to hearing your feedback. We will continuously improve the app submission experience throughout 2018.